Wednesday, July 15, 2009

OK.. Here's todays REAL post

What a rollercoaster week we've had this week.

Sunday we downloaded Windows 7 Beta during some routine maintenance with the system. Monday, some of the old XP files went on strike against Win7 and rendered the computer virtually useless. By evening we had it back up and running again, so I prepared to "teach" Win7 where all my files were on Tues. Well, Tuesday comes, and I'm working on some of my files, managed to get a Office 2007 and Expression Web up and running. I still couldn't get it to access my webdisk like XP did, but I can use ftp too, so no big deal... (or so I thought)

So today I download the pages from my sites so I had the most up to date things on the computer. FTP worked perfectly and I got all the pages from all my sites without a hassle. Awesome! I realize that the sites I made before I really knew what I was doing didn't have the images in an image folder so I set out to get more organized. I take the first page and hit "edit" ... simple enough. Who ever said that Expression Web is simply an upgrade to Front Page was an idiot. There are so many changes and useful functions now gone that it is worthless. Themes are totally gone, so is their instant Navigation. I can't edit the pages the way they were and actually fix them in Expression Web.

Now I am faced with a forced re-design. It is going to be a great thing, just going to take a lot of work. At least the sites that are on the servers are ok and working, so I won't have the downtime. It looks like it is going to be better to start from scratch rather than try to "fix" what I had... and that is where I need help. Please, take a look at my sites... Mom's Online Mall, M.O.M. Network, Beyond Pregnancy, TeamMOM ... and tell me what you think. What should I do differently, what do YOU want to see?

Please, feel free to e-mail me at mary@momnetworksite.com and let me know what you think.

Change is a little scary at first, but its going to be an amazing opportunity, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment