Friday, July 24, 2009

Experiment (or 2)

Trying a couple of new things this week. Both stared today.

First is my new "organizational system". I took 2 small envelopes, tucked the seal inside and then several 3x5 cards. I have a few that are set up Morning, Mid Day, Afternoon, Evening that have the things I do multiple times a day (like check e-mail and do loads of laundry) and others with basic things I should do every day. I made a card for each of my sites, with a list of the specific pages that need work as well. The first envelope, that they start the day in, is "To Do" and the other, of course, is completed. It is keeping me on track, but by being individual cards I can re-prioritize and put things at the end of the day, etc if it is low priority. So far its working. I am staying on task and getting cards moved to the "Done" envelope. Will keep updating how it is in a few days.

Second thing came from an e-mail from Shelby Collinge. It was a challenge/experiment for 21 days, to avoid gossip (including reading it or watching it on tv) complaining and anything negative. She said the first few days it would seem impossible, but after you get working with it more it becomes easier AND it opens your mind for more positive thoughts and therefore more positive responses from the world around you. Can't hurt, so I'm gonna give it a try. I know that I am the one standing in my way most of the time, hoping this helps me get out of that type of mindset.

The Mall rework is coming along great! I am so excited to see how it looks. Just need a few more pages done, and (of course) a response on exclusivity of a graphic I want to buy and it will be up! Going to start the re-work on the network next. Since I really didn't use any front page fancies on there, it should be much easier to work with... we'll see.

Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment